<click on image to download pdf of Worship Guide>
Christ the King celebrated a glorious Resurrection Sunday. Very blessed to have a congregation that imbues their whole hearts and souls into worshipping their Resurrected and victorious King. Here were some of the highlights for us.
– The Victory Brass Explosion – our growing cadre of brass aficionados
– Praise the Savior, Now and Ever with Barbara Hazelwood taking up resident banjo responsibilities.
“Sin’s bond severed, we’re delivered; Christ has bruised the serpent’s head;
Death no longer is the stronger Hell itself is captive led.
Christ has risen from death’s prison; O’er the tomb he light has shed.
– Gloria Patri – the ancient practice of Christian doxology – shouting hallelujah over the empty tomb.
– The ‘Odors of Edom’ Ensemble – “Jesus, My All to Heaven has Gone” sacred harp goodness!
– Elliot Grudem, Romans 8:31-39 on The Victory of Jesus. The sermon tweet of the day.
‘On the Cross, Jesus faced the best hell had to offer & still came out on top!
He is the risen, victorious King!’
– Lord’s Supper – coming forward for communion to remind his people we are a risen, pilgriming church!
– Up From the Grave He Arose – the salvation army band goes full tilt!
“Vainly they watch His bed, Jesus my Savior;
Vainly they seal the dead, Jesus my Lord!”