Cardiphonia and Liturgy Fellowship have a fantastic Facebook page where worship leaders can ask questions, get resources, interact with one another. Recently someone posted a question eliciting favorite closing/sending songs. Here is our curated (nowhere close to exhaustive) list. Please add to it in the comments below.
A few key themes found in these songs/hymns.
1. A presence/blessings focus – Services should end with a clear communication of Benediction – a reminder that God is working to bless and keep us.
2. A mission focus – A focus on God’s kingdom mission in the world – to go out and proclaim the gospel to the ends of the earth.
3. A discipleship focus – making a vocal commitment to work out the ethical and spiritual call of Sunday in all aspects of our worldly lives.
4. A trinitarian focus – Christian worship has always been punctuated with Trinitarian prayer. Singing to/about the Trinity is an appropriate and biblical means of being sent into the world.
4. A teleological focus – a desire for Christ’s return motivated by belief AND troubles we have living in the world.
Never Cease To Praise (Jeff Bourque)
mp3 and charts