This year as a gift to our church (Christ the King -Raleigh, NC) our musicians took over the nursery space and through a couple of mostly live sessions recorded an album of traditional and advent/xmas originals.
The albums title comes from 1 Tim 3:16 which sums up the gospel incarnated in Jesus Christ.
Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness:
He was manifested in the flesh,
vindicated by the Spirit,
seen by angels,
proclaimed among the nations,
believed on in the world,
taken up in glory.
This text is also the inspiration for the last song on the album where I tried to write a verse meditating on each phrase with the culminating refrains drawing from Revelation 5:11-12.
1. Lo! He Comes with Clouds Descending
2. The Son forsook the Fathers Home
3. Upon a Hill in Bethlehem (Glory!)
4. Go! Tell it on the Mountain
5. Jesus, the Light of the World
6. Glory be to God on High
7. Simeon’s Song (CONSOLATION)
8. The Mystery of Godliness (1 Tim 3:16)