Cardiphonia is excited to release the first in a new series of compilations focusing exclusively on the psalms. You can find them at a new bandcamp address Psalms.Bandcamp.com. We started with the last section of book five – Psalms 135-150. This section of psalms contains a lot of familiar psalms and phrases and is a great illustration of the many types of psalms (Praise, lament, thanksgiving, etc). From hear we hope to cover the rest of the psalter over the next ten years! The new collection is two albums and 30+ songs demonstrating a wide variety of approaches to singing the psalms in modern worship. Our hope is that every community might find something that connects musically with their congregation. One consistent voice I’ve heard is that churches would love to sing the psalms but that it is difficult to find versions that sync with their musical culture. Obviously this particular compilation only scratches the surface of musical options available.
“Wherever the Psalter is abandoned, an incomparable treasure vanishes from the Christian Church. With its recovery will come unsuspected power.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Songbook for Both Albums + introduction to the Psalms by Ron Man
Other Psalms resources:
Seven Reasons to Sing the Psalms
Songs for the Sojourn – a worship grant in the Psalms of Ascents
– is the Chaplain of Worship Arts at Hope College and helps organize things at Cardiphonia.
– is a musician and songwriter from Palo Alto, CA by way of the great state of Texas.
Christie Chew – is a san francisco songwriter and musician at City Church, Mission Site.
– is a collection of musicians and artists working in the Seattle, WA area.
Craig Harris – a songwriter and seminary student at Covenant seminary in St. Louis, MO
– is a songwriter and worship leader at Coram Deo Church.
– is the worship director at Church of the Servant in Grand Rapids, MI and an associate of the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship
Jeff Bourque – is the Director of Worship at Grace Community Church in Nashville and the genius behind congregationalsongs.com
– is the music director at Mitchell Road Presbyterian in Greenville, SC
Kaitlyn Ferry – is a songwriter and a member of the Green Carpet players at Redeemer Knoxville.
Kelsey Vaughn – is an RUF intern
and member of the Green Carpet players at Redeemer Knoxville.
– is a pastor and musician at Green Lake Presbyterian church, in Seattle WA.
– is the worship director at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Indianapolis, IN
Rick Jensen – is a founder of the liturgy fellowship and currently leads worship at Trinity Church Oxford
The Alone Instrument
– is the music ministry of Columbia Presbyterian Church, Columbia SC spearheaded by Kenny McWilliams.
The Gentle Wolves
– are members of the worship team at Servants Church in Austin TX – wrangled and produced by Richard Kentopp.
The Welcome Wagon
– is the work of Vito and Monique Aiuto. They pastor Resurrection Pres in Williamsburg, NY and release music through Asthmatic Kitty Records.
Tim Nicholson – is the worship director at Lexington Pres and producer behind Lux Mundi Music
Trinity Anglican Music
– the music ministry of Trinity Anglican Mission in Atlanta, GA produced by Marty Reardon.
– a songwriter, worship arts director and artist-in-residence at Church of the Apostles in Fairhope, Alabama.
– Wes Crawford is a noted jazz player and music director at Redeemer Fellowship in Kansas City, MO